Erutane

hidden
Tomas Mournian
Magic's Pawn
Mercedes Lackey
Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human
Grant Morrison
Black Amazon of Mars and Other Tales from the Pulps
Leigh Brackett
The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff It was refreshing to read about a pale, creature of legend that has nothing to do with vampires, and with Yovanoff's poetic skills in creating a stylish mood and environment I was easily captivated. Mackie Doyle, as most woebegone heroes go, is not typical. But he is suffering and he's relatable, with no special abilities or skills and no savior complex to speak of, an outcast that is well-liked. The probably heroine and occasional love interest, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. She's completely unsympathetic, has a horrid personality, and I wouldn't have blamed Mackie had he decided not to help her find her sister after all. I do, however, question his taste in women. My only other complaint is that the ending was weak and the 'villains' were fairly pathetic. Still, it was an impressive first novel and I'll be watching for more of her work in the future.